Our infants room provides loving care for our smallest children. We work with our parent partners to encourage the use of baby sign language (please, eat, drink, and thank you), providing children with a means to communicate before language skills develop.
CKA’s third party application, Childcare Daily App is useful for keeping track of your child’s activities and daily needs while in our care.
- Communication with your child’s teachers throughout the day regarding questions, needs (diapers, wipes, extra clothing, etc), lesson plans, newsletters, medication forms, bottle feeding amounts and times, snacks, diapering, and incident reports
- Message reminders for all children
- Information in timeline and list formats
- Alerts that can be pushed to text message or e-mail
Our goal is to strengthen parent/teacher communication with real time data, allowing us to have more time with children while reducing paper record keeping, and reassuring parents that their children are having fun and learning in a safe environment.
Our infant classroom utilizes the Pinnacle Curriculum, developed by the Childcare Education Institute.
Pinnacle® is a research-based early childhood curriculum, designed with both teachers and students in mind. Based on the works of Piaget, Gardner, and Erikson, Pinnacle® provides teachers with lessons that engage children in developmentally appropriate activities in monthly and weekly unit themes. The curriculum features
- Clearly-stated learning objectives to help facilitate learning in all domains
- Flexible programming to accommodate varied learning styles
- Carefully selected themes that capture children’s interests
- Long-range goals linked to Key standards
- Suggestions to enrich developmental milestones based on research
- Interactive activities that help children develop a love for learning while they are growing, playing, and having fun
- Encouragement of play through learning centers
- Suggested book lists related to themes