Our infants room provides loving care for our smallest children. We work with our parent partners to encourage the use of baby sign language (please, eat, drink, and thank you), providing children with a means to communicate before language skills develop.
Our infant classroom utilizes the Pinnacle Curriculum, developed by the Childcare Education Institute.
Pinnacle® is a research-based early childhood curriculum, designed with both teachers and students in mind. Based on the works of Piaget, Gardner, and Erikson, Pinnacle® provides teachers with lessons that engage children in developmentally appropriate activities in monthly and weekly unit themes. The curriculum features
- Clearly-stated learning objectives to help facilitate learning in all domains
- Flexible programming to accommodate varied learning styles
- Carefully selected themes that capture children’s interests
- Long-range goals linked to Key standards
- Suggestions to enrich developmental milestones based on research
- Interactive activities that help children develop a love for learning while they are growing, playing, and having fun
- Encouragement of play through learning centers
- Suggested book lists related to themes