At CKA, we understand that you have many choices in childcare. To help parents make decisions about what childcare setting is right for them, we ask parents to consider the following factors.
- Is the facility licensed by the State of Texas to provide childcare?
- What is the facility’s compliance record?
- Is the facility located in someone’s home? If so, is the operator licensed, and how will they demonstrate accountability for the safety and emotional well-being of your child? How will childcare be handled if the operator cannot provide service on a given day?
- Is the facility clean, and are safety standards such as smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, step-stools, non-slip pads near wet areas, cabinet door latches and anti-pinch hinges in place?
- What are the distinguishing features between Daycare and Preschool Child Care facilities?
More information can be obtained from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
As you examine these questions, we want you to know that CKA’s licensing compliance record has always been exceptional. You may read more about our record at TDFPS.